View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #24
Eimarmeni
Eimarmeni began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise, PRS-505 (Sony Portable Reader)
eBookwise and Sony 505, both mine mine mine ...

I have the eBookwise 1150 and a Sony 505. Bottom line ... I use the eBookwise and the Sony ... just sits there. I have to admit that the eBookwise, at least for me, does the job much much better. I love the rubber handle but, guys, the touch-screen is the absolute best. The ability to delete books, the dictionary for us "foreigners", the soft buttons in the right places, the capability to change hands with a simple "rotate" and all with a soft touch of my finger ... this reader is almost perfect and, of course, FAST. Or it's absolutely perfect if you put the low price in the deal too.

Now, the back-lit screen works fine for me because I read in bed at nights but I also use it in broad day light. I just don't let the sun fall straight on the screen. Admitedly the Sony is better for outdoors but so what? I can manage fine with the eBookwise (adjusting the contrast) and that's the end of it.

If they could do s/thing with the battery (to be able to change it with a new one), then I would be the happiest customer on earth!

P.S.: Really thinking of selling the Sony ...
Eimarmeni is offline   Reply With Quote