Thread: Linux Resources
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Distros:
http://distrowatch.com

Security:
You don't need virus scanning, really... Unless you plan on interacting with Windows machines, to protect those machines. If you do think you "need" a virus scanner, have a look at ClamAV. There are some frontends hanging around, such as KlamAV. For a firewall, you can mess around with iptables, but it's not for the basic user. Most "newbie" distros, like Fedora or Mandrake have a simpler interface to simply turn on a firewall. And you do not need any sort of adware or spyware protection, not that it really exists anyway.

PDAs:
I really don't know about syncing PPCs (Google could help), but look at pilot-link, J-Pilot, and KPilot, for Palms. For syncing Zauri, the KDEPIM/Pi suite has syncing built-in. If you want more info on syncing or connecting the Zaurus to a Linux box, just ask me, and I'll either write up something or find something.

Blogs:
I don't know at all. Googling for them would be your best bet, probably.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote