View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
There is also the choice in Windows to 'optimize' a device for speed of for fast removal. I always check fast removal. That means no data is cached, ever.
Theoretically, yes; in practice, it doesn't appear to be very reliable. I have all my USB devices (except hard disks) set to "optimise for fast removal" but, in spite of that, I've managed to corrupt my iLiad by unplugging the USB cable without a safe removal, and get definite data activity on a USB memory stick when doing a safe removal. I honestly wouldn't trust it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote