View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I never use the "Safely Remove Hardware" button. And I never ever had any problem with data corruption on any device. But I've seen it happen with people who copy a big file to a device and pull the device imediately from the USB port without waiting for the transfer to finish. Some people seem to thing that a copy takes no time at all.
That is not safe. You are right that it seems to work most of the times.

I wonder how the SD card is made to work as an USB disk in the Cybook. Maybe it is a small Linux kernel running from ROM that gives you this functionality and if so then this Linux probably buffer data. Or is it a chipset that gives this functionality?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote