View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
portablejim,

The Singapore library, referred to on their website as the National Library Board Singapore or NPL, is free and accessible to those outside the country. Non-residents who join must supply a 'passport number'. If you are not likely to travel to Singapore, you can just make one up (as few as six digits may work, but I used nine). Here is a link to their sign-in page.

http://singapore.lib.overdrive.com/E...en/Default.htm

I suggest bookmarking it, because if you reach their main page through googling Singapore Library, you'll likely get lost and reach a page that won't let you actually access the digital catalogue.

When you register, you'll be told to await a confirmation email. I don't think they actually send them out, so don't wait for one. You ought to be able to sign in immediately using the ID number and password you have selected.

Good luck.

ETA:

Sorry for not being clearer and not including more detail initially.

If you follow the link you will reach the 'Getting Started With Digital Media' page. It contains two links to the the sign-in page. You may access the page where you actually sign in, plus a prompt to register by clicking on either 'Log In' located in a red box labelled 'Digital Catalogue', or clicking 'My Account' located in a dark blue bar across the top of the page. This page also contains a 'Quick Search' box which allow you to search the digital catalogue.

Here is a link to take you directly to the 'Digital Catalogue - Login' page: https://secure3.libraryreserve.com/s...=MyAccount.htm

At the 'Digital Catalogue - Login' page, you will be prompted to either sign in or to sign up.

Last edited by redbees; 07-04-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: additional details, clarification
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote