View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron4120 View Post
I went to a friends house who had a Literati -- Had to setup WiFi -- Noted that the best security I could get running for Literati was WPA Personal with AES. Tried my touch there & instant (nearly) connection -- Where at home I use WPA/WPA2 Mixed Personal and have occasional issues. I did not try it at any distance from the modem so not exactly a big sample here. Both use pretty long pass phrases with special characters, Mixed case etc. (20 characters plus).

The other issue is a bit strange on WiFi in that sometimes (10%??) the initial scan does not see the home network even though it is the strongest signal out there and often will take 2 or 3 rescans. It is a bit hard for user community to diagnose this as so many variables.

Other desires have to do with loading custom CSS for getting that just right appearance from sideloaded books. Also 1) libraries or some organizational help 2) Series numbers on books 3) Covers or mini titles displayed for books without them so you'll have an idea 4) Web access using PC access to the store align with with desktop apps & Touch store 5) Mobi access that really works & starts up quickly! - Same for other common formats (I'm selfish here as ePUB is great & Calibre etc. do an adequate conversion) - 6) And I guess for the store a few more access controls to whittle down a more general query to a more specific one. 7) SD cards - I've not had the best of luck here -- I guess a good thing might be able to have a simple content list & ability to move to main memory for files.

I've had a few issues with the IR (fat fingers mostly) - But found for me a swipe is better than a touch & keypad work works best with a flat tipped pencil eraser. There also appears to possibly have a non-quick wake-up or something going on as swipes or touches do not process & followed with a repeat life is good (to me seems more often associated with an upcoming screen reflash than other times). All this said I find the Koobo team amazing & responsive. And I'm on my touch nearly constantly (Wife's out of town ) Best father's day gift from me to me ever!!

Byron
Byron, I think you have a very valid observation here. I tried to hook my touch up to my iphone in tether mode and it would not even find it. I would like a button that allowed us to scan for available networks, I think that might solve some issues.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote