View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Getting Books Off Of Your nook

I downloaded a library book. Everything went fine until my time ran out. I could no longer read it but the ePub file stayed on my nook. After much searching I found that to get rid of library books you have to bring the nook up on your computer by plugging it in with the USB cable and finding it in Windows Explorer. It was NOOK (F: ) on my Windows 7 screen. You go to F:\My Files\Books folder on the nook and find the file for the library book, then delete it manually.

I was a little worried about finding the right book but since there’s only one partition for sideloaded books and the file had the same name as the book, it was pretty obvious.

I had a similar problem with a book I got as a sample. I decided I didn't want it but it just wouldn’t go away. To remove it I needed to login to my Barnes and Noble account on the Internet, go to My Library on the site, and delete the sample from there. I’ve only gotten two samples from B&N and I bought the other one with the “Buy” button. It lost its “Sample” ribbon and turned into the whole book after I paid for it.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote