View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #246
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
I've tried out the Kobo Touch at Indigo a couple of times now, and I find that it is difficult to turn pages one handed. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I had the idea that you could add an item to the menu that comes up when you tap the center of the screen while inside a book.

HOME=HOME

which toggles with

HOME=NEXT PAGE

This would allow users to have a HARD button for page turning. Because the HOME button in in the center of the unit, it would be easy to use for both left and right handed people. It would also give a reliable method of page turning when using one or both hands.

You could further restrict the function to only when inside of a book. Once outside a book, or even when the menu is showing, the HOME button would function as normal.

It wouldn't affect the ability to go HOME since that shows up on the menu at the bottom of the screen when you touch in the center.

I see in the forums that several people would have liked HARD page turn buttons and hope they may be added to the next unit. This way you have a HARD page turn functionality with the current Kobo Touch. You do not need a last page since we mostly read from front to back and the touch page turn will still work for turning to a previous page.

Larry Mohr ( KOBO 1 user )

PS. As a final note the new Kobo Touch is quite a nice little unit.

Larry Mohr

I really like this idea.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote