View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #33
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
But to the minimal extent that this inconveniences users, it is all due to Apple's policy, not some technology issue that can be blamed on the vendor. It becomes an iOS user experience issue, and one not found on competing platforms. If their goal is to divert more sales to iBookstore, I don't think it will have that effect. To the extent that users understand the issue, it reflects poorly on Apple. So why are they doing this?
I find it much easier to shop for Amazon books because I usually do so from my computer, not my iphone nor iPad. I doubt this rule will phaze Amazon one bit.

Now if you want to sell something on Apple's platform and you DON'T have your own customer base like Amazon has -- well, I find it hard to fault Apple in this scenario.

Take the Olive Tree bible app. I've bought several books via this app never even realizing that Olive Tree had a web book store. When I found out, I also found out that Olive Tree sells it's products cheaper via it's website. So I go through the extra hassle to buy from Olive Tree via their website and save money. That's basically how things are going to go for all apps.

People will learn that they can have one click instant access tied to their itunes accounts, and they will have paid more. Or they can go out to the vendor's website, go through the hassle of entering their credit card info and save money.

No one else has anything close to being as customer friendly as Apple's platform.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote