View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #24
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
That is exactly what you get when you use a percentage. The book is always 100.0 % long. So when you are at 73.1% you still have 26.9% to go

Page numbers don't give you this information. You also need to know the last page. So when you are on page 300 you will have to know that the book is 900 pages to know how far you are in the book. And 33.3% gives you that information.
Actually, one would need both page number and percentage (or total pages) to have all the information. Sometimes I want to know how far into a book I have read (percentage), sometimes I want to know how many pages I still have to read to finish (page x of y), or better yet, to reach the end of the chapter. The "pageometer" is a nice feature, but I still miss page numbers (even if they are variable).

This is why in the PDFs I create I add all this information (check this one, for instance).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote