Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #100
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
The Boo Reader binary definitely includes the pieces of the following:
1) glibc
2) libgcj
3) jpeglib
4) pnglib
5) zlib
6) boehm gc
7) freetype
8) mupdf
9) expat
10) IBM's ICU
11) fonts by URW
12) iconv
And probably more not readily-identified libs. Not all of above is (L)GPL but enough, I think, to make them obliged to make source code available.
Funny thing is that Mobipocket code is compiled in too (with gcj). I wonder if that means it'll have to be open-sourced too.
Compiling code with any Gnu compiler does not mean the code has to be released in the public domain. This forum is getting carried away I am afraid. Study the GNU copyleft statements a little closer.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote