View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
b00sh
b00sh began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor & Nook Classic
I hope bumping a thread this old isn't a big deal, but I'm pretty sure this is where I need to be.

TL;DR :
I'd like to change how Calibre stores books in my library.

Long version :
I am running into an issue with paths and filenames being longer than 260 characters.

I have my "save to disk" option as '{authors}/{title}/{title}' (although I may go back to '{author_sort}/{title}/{title})'. When I save to a backup folder, it saves as, within an "author_sort/title" folder structure '[title].epub / .oxf / .jpg

I have my "send to device" as '{author_sort}/{title}'. It saves the same as saving a backup.

Now, in "Adding Books", whether I have '(?P<title>.+)' or '(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)', my EPUBS are always named, within an "author_sort/title" folder structure '[title] - [Author_Sort].epub'.

How do I drop that last "author_sort" from my .epub name? I don't need it there as I know the Author from the folder structure I am in.

It seems as though it isn't possible without a lot of Python re-writing. I'm up for it. It just seems like this would be a good thing to add into the options. Some people just don't need the Author's name and the book title listed over and over again in the same filename and path.
b00sh is offline   Reply With Quote