View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm certainly not arguing for used book prices. I'm expecting slightly less than brand-new, just released MMPB prices. That's outrageous?
It's not a matter of outrage or not. It's a matter of there needing to be a point where the consumer's willingness to pay lines up with a publishers willingness to produce.

You have to consider that a new release MMPB is expected to sell into the tens of thousands. How many copies of a backlist book will sell in any year?

If I were the chairman of board of a publisher, I sure would be directing them to spend their time energy and money in activities that bring the highest return.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote