View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
garrybuck
Connoisseur
garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle
Why couldn't the publishers do it on a pre-order basis? In other words, they could compute how much it would cost them to create the ebook, figure out how many they'd need to sell at what price to make it profitable, and offer it for sale at a set price and see how many people place a pre-order. If they get enough pre-orders, they do the project, charge everybody's credit card and send the book. If not, not. It seems like there's no risk for anybody.

I own a Kindle, and I've clicked the 'I want to read this on Kindle' button many times while perusing the pbooks on Amazon. I don't know if it ever worked, they don't notify me, and I'm too lazy to check back. But if I were given the choice to vote with my wallet, I would.
garrybuck is offline   Reply With Quote