Thread: Where to buy?!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
I'd be very cautious about choosing an online supplier for this brand of devices, particularly by price.

In my experience, my order initially included the wrong item; when the order was completed, the seller decided to send a 302 that was the wrong color and it was defective (internal clock broken and SD card could not be removed). The seller and PB quietly (did not answer my emails) did nothing about this, other than suggest I spend an additional $60 to return the item to get the one I ordered, that perhaps would be fully functional.

Unless you can see what you are getting and check it for functionality, I'd look for a different product. This thread makes for interesting reading:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119429

Cheers,
Hi Metalmick, where did you get yours from? It would be really useful to know who to steer clear from, but I am not sure I saw it from the threads you linked.

As for the reliable sellers, with Greenreader so far I had an excellent customer service: bought one PB903 and two PB360. One of the PB360 was defective, and a replacement was sent immediately, even before I sent the defective one back. True, though, delivery costs are on the customer, but this is not uncommon, and it was clearly specified before I bought. I also heard good things about pocketgoods, but have no direct experience. If I were in the US I would buy from Dulin because I trust him.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote