View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
new plugins and using import

Hi Kovid, Other Plugin Developers

I am in the process of updating some older File Type plugins to the new plugin interface and I looked at your examples but still had a few questions.

From our old File Type plugin "_plugin.py" we could easily import other python code from our own zip archive by simply using "import" as long as we did it inside of the "run" method. So we never ran into any zipimport issues, since we never needed to do that.

Is using simple imports from within the run methods still the right way to import other code from our plugin zip archive for File Type Plugins?

I noticed you used some other approaches for UI demos where you defined a new class that did the main work but I was not sure if you needed/wanted that approach for the simpler file type plugins?

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote