View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #117
kindle-hopes
kindle-hopes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Another progress report: steps one works flawlessly, step two with a trick, but step three fails...

I used the beta-2.3 updater on a Kindle DXG (2.5.8) and a Kindle 3 WiFi (3.1), both jailbroken with NiluJes 0.7 and with no other hacks installed. Here is what happened: creating the image on the DXG worked like a charm. To make the updater on the k3w, I had to a) add a final newline to the jailbreak whitelist and b) to resize the rootfs.img to be able to include all the files, including TTS. For the latter step, I added another 251MB to the image with "dd if=/dev/zero of=rootfs.img bs=1M count=251 offset=401" and resized it with "resize2fs rootfs.img" (after an e2fsck check). Then the update_dxg-update-os.bin was created without errors (378M and an additional 4k of tts-files.tar).

When I attempt to install the update on the DXG, however, things fail after a while with the error code "0003" and I have to reset. I did not manage to enter the recovery menu, however - only the factory reset one (hold power for 30sec then home for 10sec) which exports the filesystem nevertheless and lets me copy the restore update. After that, everything worked again (on 2.5.8) - but at the expense of a factory reset, i.e. no logfile.

Any ideas?
kindle-hopes is offline   Reply With Quote