View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #131
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
His statement:

Quote:
Since I got back from Seattle, I've been swamped, so I haven't had a chance to post my thoughts here. But I have been following this thread and I'm sorry that we'll be losing some of you subscribers because of my decision to go with Amazon.com exclusively.

My basic approach has always been to make F&SF available in a wide variety of formats, so the decision to go only with Amazon.com wasn't one I made quickly or lightly. But after looking at the exceptional marketing and promotional opportunities that this arrangement offers us, it made sense to me for us to hitch our wagon to Amazon's.

I hope some of you who are saying goodbye now will find that you miss us and you'll come back to F&SF, either in electronic or in print format. (I should add here that I got a lot of reading done on the trip to Seattle and the submissions I read included a lot of exciting stories, including a big and diverse helping of science fiction [as opposed to fantasy].)

But for those of you who are saying goodbye now, I'd like to say thanks for your support. I'm sorry we'll be losing you.

---Gordon V.G.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote