View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
This really sucks!

You shouldn't let someone bully you like that for em dashes!?!?!
I honestly don't think that a "hesitant request" constitutes "bullying".

It IS a reasonable thing to request - at least for future books. Personally I far prefer books which have proper dashes rather than hyphens. It does seem something of an overreaction to say "someone's asked me to start using dashes so I'm going to give up creating books".

As Jon says, just use the BD bookcleaner files for your future books and you'll get dashes preserved. IF you decide to make improvements to your earlier books - as I frequently do to mine - then THAT'S the time to add dashes to those.

Don't give up, though; that's just daft. Personally I always welcome ways in which my books could be improved; I hope that nobody would be discouraged by polite suggestions for improvements.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote