Thread: Comics on XOOM
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
watchbot
watchbot began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
My main problem with the Xoom is that it is not comfortable to hold in portrait mode. I wanted to buy one, but it just seemed like it was meant for landscape, and I like to hold my tablets in portrait the majority of the time. Also, the colors are nowhere near as vibrant as they are on the ipad. Lastly, I wasn't too impressed with Perfect Viewer or ACV (although I did use them on a rooted nook color). I find that Stanza and Bookman on the Ipad work seamlessly.

You are correct though, that 16:9 is probably closer to the original aspect ratio, and the higher resolution is great too. Still, so far every comic that I've thrown at the ipad 2 has been a pleasure to read.
The only issue I have with comfort of holding is the weight. It is certainly not as light as the iPad 2. But coming from a convertible tablet PC (>4lbs) for comics, it is a dream. I haven't seen enough of the iPad to compare the colors, but colors on Spawn and a few of the Batman comics look great. I am currently using Perfect Viewer and I have no complaints. The UI is great with the multiple touch areas.

I also have a thing against iTunes and iOS in general. Though OSX is pretty cool. So that was a factor in choosing the XOOM.
watchbot is offline   Reply With Quote