View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
Hey, you are not making it easy for me, are you? I have to agree, arbitrarily breaking a text like that feels like a crime against literature.

All I really want to say is that it won't work all that great with the current version of our software. Moreover, it will always work best if a book which has natural breaking points is broken up into separate flows. At some point we'll figure out how to deal with books like cannot be easily broken into chapters as well, but we have to start somewhere.
Yeah, I'm basically taking THE book that you don't want to break into multiple flows...
I'll see what I can do about the size of the flows, it'll make things a bit more complicated for the NCX file too.

Now for a very different issue: in our epub books on Feedbooks we usually have links pointing to some other epub files. At the beginning of the file, we link to other books from the same author, and at the end of the book we link to recommendations.
If you click on one of those links, it'll open the browser, download, and then open the file in DE. It would be a much better process if it somehow detected that this link is for DE, and that it should add the new download to DE's library.
A very simple solution for this would be to use a rel tag, like in some microformats: http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-design-pattern
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote