View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
ronnn
ronnn began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
Quote:
Note that authorization with an Adobe ID will not be required in the final release of 1.5, but is strongly recommended.
Too bad it's required in this beta. I don't want to have an Adobe ID, so I wont test this beta ...

Quote:
If you do not authorize your computer, your content will, as in Digital Editions 1.0, be locked to the computer to which is was downloaded. This first Beta release does not actually offer the option to use the old-style "anonymous" mode of use, but the next Beta and the final release version will.
I don't really understand (i'm slow I know... ). Does this mean any epub document, even those without DRM, won't be able to be transferred to handheld devices, or other computer ? Or maybe this is the "old-style anonymous mode" ?

Quote:
But Adobe feels very strongly that all users will be best served by authorizing their computers. Adobe does not use the ID for any purpose other than providing the portability by identifying you and your books. The ID is not used for any other purpose, public or private.
I think I'll pass for now ...
ronnn is offline   Reply With Quote