Thread: Comics on XOOM
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
How is the aspect ratio of the Xoom more conducive to comic book reading than the iPad? I have sampled comics on the Xoom and have read comics on my rooted nook color. Neither aspect ratio is as good as the iPad for comics. Having said that, I do enjoy using the smaller form factor of the nook color for some comics.
I can confirm that comics on the ipad are amazing using either the Stanza or Bookman apps.

One of the reasons I bought an ipad 2 was because of the 4:3 aspect ratio. It is so much better to read in portrait mode. That is one area where the widescreen is not as good.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote