View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Question Where else can a MOBI file have its cover image?

Hi, MOBI file experts,

I'm having some problems to develop my MobiHandler program. One of them is a cover image.

I noticed that my MobiHandler can't show cover images for some particular .azw files bought from amazon.com, while K4PC can on its HOME window. One example of those files is My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking.

I hex-dumped it and manually checked the structure based on the info. on mobileread wiki, but I found nothing unusual; it looks like an ordinary MOBI file with no image files inside.

Where else can a MOBI file have its cover image but an image record?

One possibility might be the cover image is encrypted, since those books are DRM protected, and their book texts are unreadable on hex dump.

Any idea?
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote