Thread: Comics on XOOM
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
watchbot
watchbot began at the beginning.

Comics on XOOM

Hi all,

I'm not too active on these forums, though I do lurk often. Anyways, I just wanted to comment as I haven't seen too much on the subject of comics for the XOOM, mostly for the iPad.

The XOOM is great for comics. Much better IMHO than the iPad because of the high resolution and aspect ratio. American comics are only a tad tall when fit to the width of the screen in portrait mode. And that is only the border/page number not actual content. When compared to the iPad, playing with X comics at the store, fit width for me was too much scrolling and fit height made some of the smaller text too small to read with the image compressed that much. I'm a bit stingy when it comes to reading digital comics, I read on a large hi-def display in two page mode to avoid scrolling as much as possible. Color comics with great art look beautiful on the screen. I am using Perfect Viewer, which seems to load pages faster that ACV and has a better control system in my opinion.

I've only had it a few days and I am over all pleased with the device. It can lag at times but never for long enough to be annoying. The browser has been great and I love that it syncs with Chrome. I have the Wi-Fi only version by the way.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
watchbot is offline   Reply With Quote