View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #15
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Movie/TV adaptations that I really liked:

The Hunt for Red October. The movie managed to keep faith with the book better than many movies do.

Das Boot. The series did a very good job of keeping the suspense from the book.

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Maybe a bit controversial, but I liked that it wasn't too close to the book. Every version of HHGG is different to every other version, and I was pleased that the movie wasn't an exception.

Dune. Both the David Lynch film and the mini-series. They were very different adaptations, but I enjoyed both.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Full Metal Jacket. I saw the film some years before I read the book, and enjoyed both.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote