View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I have really enjoyed some Shakespeare adaptations. The 1996 Hamlet with Kenneth Branagh is a word-for-word epic film version, really great. My 2nd favorite Shakespeare adaptation was Roman Polanski's version of Macbeth.

For the inner child in me, some of the Alice In Wonderland adaptations have been very good. Some are truer to the book than others, and some mix in element of Through the Looking Glass.

And I really like good SF (probably couldn't tell by the above), but I haven't found too many adaptations that impressed me much. In fact, some deviate. from the book so much that it irritates me when I watch the movie. The worst in this area was I, Robot. Heinlein's Starship Troopers just didn't cut it for me in movie form, althouth his Puppet Masters seemed to translate better to film.
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote