View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #155
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Dorothy L. Sayers please ! (imp format)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Here's a question for you all.

As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of detective stories. I've "done" Sherlock Holmes for the Reader, done "Raffles", done "Father Brown". Question is, who else is there to "do" that's out of copyright (at least somewhere in the world)?

I notice that Dorothy L. Sayers died in 1957, which means that her stuff will be eligible for PG Australia next year ("Lord Peter Wimsey" stories). There are a few out-of-copyright Agatha Christies I could tackle too.

Who am I missing? There must be some detective authors who died before 1950 or so, mustn't there? Any thoughts?

All suggestions gratefully received!
i am also a huge fan of detective stories so any you want to do are most welcome, I will see if i can think of any which are not already available here...

i would like to make a special request for Dorothy L. Sayers, she's absolutely brilliant (i have read all of them but only in french, i would love to have the original versions !! only "whose body" is available so far, that i know of), and also Agatha Christie...

If you could make these available in imp format (for the eb1150) that would be brilliant ; if you can't but have the texts available in html or text format, i could format them in imp and post them, just let me know.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote