View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Thanks, Lemurion, for the feedback:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
A few points, and yes I'm going to be defending devices I own, so take it for what it's worth.

1) The Nook Color does have an active developer community, in fact it has several. Both at Nookdevs and at XDA-developers. They've even got Android Honeycomb to run on it.
I have the NOOKcolor placed in the middle of the pack for the apps and games factor currently. Thanks for pointing out the dev communities. I hope I'm not offending them by saying that the NOOKcolor "lacks substantial developer community," but I think that relative to the iOS and Android development scenes, it's much smaller. Right now, the NOOKcolor is placed higher than the Kindles (which also have active commercial developers) but lower than the Android ereaders (and much lower than the iPad ereaders). For the common user who's not up for installing a new OS or other such fun technical stuff, I think this is a proper placement. Tech guys will dig deeper, not need an app store, and know intrinsically that they're beyond using this factor in their decision. Also, when NOOK Extras Marketplace launches, I suspect that I'll be moving the NOOKcolor up a bit.

Last edited by hughes; 03-03-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: URL fix