View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, stay the heck away from Word. Even filtered HTML can be full of garbage. You will be spending a good amount of time cleaning up the mess Word puts in.

That said, never ever use PDF as a source format. You cannot convert it without errors.
I agree to a certain level. It is still garbage, but I still use it for most parts. If you use styles in Word, cleaning could be quick. I usually clean a Word file in Sigil between 1 to 15 minutes. For me that is a small price for the added features in Word that I use.

PDF I really dislike. With PDFReflow the results are usually acceptable, but even then rework is required.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote