View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cko1x View Post
You can download epub files from the library into Sony Reader on your PC and can then transfer them to the PRS-950 via USB and Calibre as well as USB and Reader software. However if you get an Adobe PDF file from the library, you must transfer it to the PRS-950 via the USB through your PC's Reader software. This has something to do with authorizing the PRS-950 to Adobe. I've also found the PDFs cannot be loaded directly to the memory chips in either slot on the PRS-950. I have had to load the PDF to both the 950's main memory and to the memory chip and then delete the copy on the 950's main memory. If you load a PDF to the memory chip without loading it onto the main memory first, it gets a DRM error and connot be read.
Would there be any reason to use ADE over the Sony Reader software? Which do you find easier to use?

If I downloaded a library PDF to my PC could I then transfer it to the 950 using Windows Explorer?
NLight95 is offline   Reply With Quote