View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
They didn't actually remove the notes (those are in a text file, shared for all notes taken). And his professor had told him he could not use that edition for the class, so it was a convenience issue (not that it would stop any attorney to argue incorrect facts or exaggerate claims). The bigger issue was whether or not amazon was a publisher or content provider - claiming to be protected in the same manner as an ISP would seem more advantageous, but that isn't the route Amazon has taken.
So you would have no problem with Amazon if they sent goons to your house to pull the books off your shelves, so long as they left you a check?

I wish I could buy this ... it's the closest any ebook has come to tempting me to break my resolution never to buy a DRM-locked ebook. So very close....
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote