View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Off the top of my head, here are a few I've quite enjoyed:
  • The Gentleman Bastards Sequence by Scott Lynch (starts with The Lies of Locke Lamora)
  • Memory, Sorrow, Thorn trilogy by Tad Williams (starts with The Dragonbone Chair)
  • The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (starts with The Way of Shadows)
  • The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin (starts with A Wizard of Earthsea)

If you're looking for something different*, I recommend:
  • The first two books of the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake (starts with Titus Groan)
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (I'm currently reading this)

* These books are not fantasy you're used to. They are not Robert Jordan, R. A. Salvatore, George R. R. Martin, or even Tolkien.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Worm View Post
A Song of Ice and Fire By George R.R. Martin
Great series, but it's unfinished and it seems highly unlikely it will ever be finished in his lifetime despite 5 years worth of claims that "it will be done soon."
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote