View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Because often even and odd pages have different margins, sometimes it can be not as straight forward as one would hope to have best cropping. You can go for the lowest (or rather largest) common denominator but then you end up with too much white space.

When i have time and want to have the best output (least white space) i use Nitro PDF Professional. It allows to crop single page, range of pages and all pages combined with the choice for even, odd or both.

For quick crops I found one free utulity on the web with good graphical user interface (no command-line tool) called PDF Scissors which seems to be the easiest tool. Ans as it turns out this program was written by a fellow Kindle user!
It is impressive - first it scans all pages and overlays them graphically on top of each other - that way you can easily find optimal cropping size. You can preview your cropping by going through each page and adjust.

It's a java App, probably runs on all platforms. Brilliant for quick croppings!
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote