View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaver View Post
1. Is there a way to save the series information in the mobi file so that this does not happen again?
As stated by user_none not all metadata is saved in any ebook format. If when using the Save to Disk feature you had the save metadata in opf file checked along with the two settings above it (see attached) your series info would have been recovered.

Quote:
2. Is this information in the metadata and I have to extract it somehow?
No

Quote:
3. What steps do I need to take in the future to be sure that the series information is saved in my actual ebook files?
The series info isn't saved in the books metadata.

You can use the Save to disk (with the three options I indicated) feature to save your library of books including series info. After doing so switch to a empty folder and prove that it works by adding them all back in. A backup isn't a backup unless it works.

I believe your best bet is to save the entire calibre library folder (for all of your books and custom recipes) and the calibre config folder (for any plugins). When saving the entire library, ensure all subfolders and files are also saved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saving_books_to_disk.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	64706  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote