View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
Considering that the release regarded sales, not ease-of-use, I hardly consider actual sales figures to be "geeky details." If Ford announced that the new Ford Whateveritscalled is the fastest production vehicle in their line, I'd expect some zero-to-sixty numbers to go with it.

The purpose of the release is obvious: "You should buy one because everyone else already has one. Honest."
exactly, it's feeding the sheep. This is what we referred to it in Markeing Class back in college.

The Kindle is no more easier to use than the Sony, Kobo, Nook etc. But what they have done and what others have done very little of is adverstise and market their product. I'm not holding that agains Amazon, there are doing exactly what they should do and BN and Sony should take note.

But let's get a healthy dose of reality here, I'm willing to wager that 80% of the people who bought the Kindle, (that does not mean this counts the people who are daily users of this site) bought the Kindle because they feel it's the only out there and have heard of it. And then comes along press releases like the ones stated above that only feeds this mentality.

Kudos to Amazon's marketing and advertising department. But iPods sell like candy but audio quality? they don't match up with the Sansa's, the Sony's and the Zunes, they just don't.

Popular does not mean best, just lazy researching and sheep mentality.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote