View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #147
kchampagne
kchampagne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr View Post
Looks like I was pretty quick on the draw. I managed to get the release...however, time will tell if it's so buggy that it becomes unusable. However, so far, so good! It looks like it's what they promised.

- can read while plugged into the computer
- can delete books directly on the device
- options to show cover on sleep mode and/or power off
- newspapers and magazines
- probably more...just haven't noticed it all yet

Only problem I can see is that the desktop application still syncs ALL books even when I purchased just one...takes forever to sync with the number of books I have.

I like what I see so far though! Great work
Hi there! I work in technical support for Kobo. If you remain logged into the desktop application at all times then make a purchase and update your library then the desktop app. will only bring in the new material. If you log out of the app. then log back in you are right you will have to download all books back into the app. from the website (server). What I do is stay logged in all of time, even when I shut down (you stay logged in provided you don't log out) when I start back up I am still logged in and avoid the whole downloading process from server again. Keep in mind no billing info. or other details stay in the app. only on the website.

Kerry
kchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote