Old 12-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
HarmonS
Enthusiast
HarmonS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
@HarmonS
I think the fact that you can stand reading anything on your smartphone shows your eye's haven't the sensitivity that causes eye strain like on many other people. If in that case, why do you even need e-ink?
In any case, it seems some people can't wrap their head around the fact that LCD < e-INK in readability/eye comfort of many applications besides novels. I know, what a crazy new idea.
Just realize that many of us eye's hurt more from reading LCD but are perfect with e-ink display, on ANY APPLICATION. GET IT????
Yes, and I guess my eyes aren't quite as bad as yours. I can browse the web on LCD or CRT screens okay, but can't read long texts except on e-ink screens. Browsing is just light reading without the intense concentration I use with even short stories. I think the difference is just that -- browsing I often look away from the screen even when reading just a short article, but if I get really into a novel or short story, I don't break my concentration by looking away from the page, whether it's paper or a screen. So for me, e-ink is a must have for that sort of reading, but luckily not necessary for browsing.
Hmm, just realized that the above holds true for writing as well. I'm a writer and can write long texts on a computer screen okay, but it's because I don't stare intensely at the screen for long periods when writing, but look away a lot or even close my eyes a lot inbetween spells of typing.
HarmonS is offline   Reply With Quote