View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3mind View Post
Howdy folks,
I am new to this forum and would like you opinion on which eReader to buy?
I am very interested in android because i am trying to learn how to wrote apps.

i will be using the tablet for reading technical books and manuals (PDF, Diagrams)

speed is my no1 feature.
wifi and bluetooth is a must!
3G chip will be nice (That way later i might just tag an APN and hook up to a wireless device)
i want to be able to read forum/blogs and browse the internet as well with my tablet.

Any suggestion please

Thanks in advance.
Bmind
Most common tablets are tied up to a 3G data plan, hence, you'll download and browse at 3G speed. So, if speed is not an issue, I would recommend Galaxy. It is kind of heavy but less than iPad.

Comparing the weight factor and price, I think Nook Color is a great option for you. I like the browser and the virtual keyboard is ok. Something you will not get with Nook Color is 3G, which could be good or bad for you: good because with a good internet connection, you can download and browse internet faster than 3G speed. Bad because 3Ggives you more freedom but can be slower than regular wifi at home, you can connect anywhere as long you have 3G signal.

On iPAD and Nook Color, you will get no flash support.

By the way, I would not consider tablets e-readers ... lol ... Nook Color is kind of a hybrid though. An ereader has less computer functionality, mostly eink and book oriented.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote