View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #139
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I know that is a big issue for you (and some others) but that is not what this particular update is about. This update's purpose it was to catch folks up with Kobo-WiFi features, to the extent that this is possible with the hardware on this device. There is a new rendering engine, but I think that the changes you are looking for will most probably be seen when the CSS group does their thing--assuming that it is on the Kobo priority list, and I don't know if it is or not.

I think that the display on the WiFi and the Original should now be the same--so if the WiFi version is better, from your perspective, then this one will be too. The older Kobo does not have 16 level gray scale, so that is one difference that will not change. I know that is not what you are asking about, but some folks will wonder about it.
but it should be about fixing the bugs and the embedded fonts are broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote