View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #40
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
So is it possible to do the update (when it reappears) WITHOUT having to sync with the Kobo desktop?
I honestly don't know if the sync part happens as part of the update or not, Harley. I know that when we did our update from an SD card, sync was separate, but then, we had to install the new desktop as a separate action. If you never use the desktop application, you could remove all of your books from I'm Reading on the kobobooks website before doing the update. There would be nothing then to sync.

If you ever change your mind--perhaps because you find yourself using a mobile device in addition to your reader and want them to sync--you can add the books back into I'm Reading and the desktop application just by bookmarking them from your purchased list and then in the application doing an "update library".

Last edited by taming; 12-14-2010 at 06:09 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote