View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #110
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
Which would be a problem for someone whose vision demands better contrast (like me).

I haven't had a chance to play with e-ink devices in person, which I'd really consider necessary to any informed opinion (photos on a monitor involve enough different devices that I don't think they're completely accurate). Thus, I don't know what I think of e-ink in general. I do know that color is something a large percentage of the market would want, especially if textbooks are to shift to e-book format (many textbooks I've seen had color illustrations that needed to be color), among other market segments.
From what they say, it should be like reading a newspaper. They also point out that you would see better under brighter light. LCD will always have the advantage in situations where there is little or no light, but there are people who can't read on an LCD screen.

This technology will present an advantage to those who need some color, and not perfect color. The human eye can only distinguish 32 levels of gray, but it can distinguish between millions of colors. So while it’s not really worth it to make B&W screens with more than 16 levels of gray, they can do more work on them to get more colors.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote