View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.

I haven't intentionally switched off private messaging so I will have to check my profile.

I use plain text files as my normal source documents and then use Notepad++ to apply markdown to prepare them for ePub conversion in calibre. After this they go to Sigil for tweaks to the TOC and some regex processing to remove calibre's style info. Since ePub content files are XHTML I use XML files, (this is not forced by Sigil), although it sounds from your comment that I could simply use HTML.

Calibre generated the content.opf file-as so maybe I've set something incorrectly in my calibre preferences.

The 1pt left margin is personal taste. I don't want the margin to increase with zoom level, (hence using the pt unit of measure), and I want to keep as much of my small screen available for actual text rather than white space. I did try no margin at all but that was too narrow!

Since the styling is all contained in a single stylesheet people can easily restyle the whole book to suit their own preferences.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote