View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteseal View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Note though that the 505 is an older model - I wonder how the performance and screen compares to the newer Sonys?
I'm glad you like your new Kindle, LDBoblo!

I'm a dual user and happy with both brands. The K2 screen is similar to the Sony 505 & 300. The K3 screen is similar to the new Sonys (350/650/950). The new Sony models have different touch-screen technology and don't have the extra layer that caused glare and contrast complaints on the older models (600/700/900).

My opinion is that my K3 text is slightly darker at small fonts compared to my new Sony. It's really only noticeable when I compare them side-by-side. At medium fonts they are similar. My Sony default screen is more grey while the K3 default screen is brighter. Although the Sony models have the ability to change brightness and contrast for all types of books (EPUBs & PDFs). The K3 can only be customized for PDFs.

Therefore, with ability to change settings on both the Kindle and the Sony to your own preferences, my opinion is the K3 and the new Sonys are about the same! Both are definitely an improvement to my 505.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 11-07-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Corrected model numbers
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote