View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
I downloaded your file and changed the extension to .pdf for the ECOReader (v3+) to read it. Not sure what extension it should be for dejavu as I never use it. The ECOReader does have dejavu listed as one of the formats it will read however.

Using standard ECOReader v3+ firmware as noted above, the file then read ok - eg: all text including formulae on page 2 showed OK as well as the graphic in grey shades (if using graphics a lot the grey shade count can be set in main menu to auto - 4 - 16 shades). The graphic will only zoom out to fill the width of the screen after it passes it's optimum width no matter what zoom level you use. eg: the graphic looks the same in zoom levels 3 to 8, but is proportionately smaller on 1 & 2. This is where pan would be useful, as I said I can't find info for pan on the ECOReader but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it. Most of my technical docs etc don't have a lot of large GFX.

The zoom on the v3+ is 8 levels from very small (full a4 shown) to ridiculously large (4 or 5 letters to the screen page) so plenty of options. I don't know if 'pan' is available as I don't use it - the zoom function is 'word wrap' style - font made larger and words flowed onto next line. Zoom size on screen also depends on how large the font on the original document and what size the page was originally - a3, a4 etc

Zoom is accessed by repeated presses on the number 8 key to increase level by single steps which eventually cycles back to ultralow or you can go direct to a zoom level menu by pressing 'OK' then select 'zoom' from the menu that appears, then select level of zoom from one of eight items on the next menu that appears.

Hope the above helps, I'm usually online every couple of days for any further help I can possibly give.

EDIT - On the v3+ you can rotate the page to landscape mode and this will then allow the graphic to zoom out to the new maximum width making it easier to view.

Last edited by teemac; 11-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote