View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
domromer
Enthusiast
domromer began at the beginning.

Device: Something that works well with libraries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Things to check.
Does it appear as a number of drives in Windows Explorer when you plug it in ?
If not Windows is not recognizing it.
Did you create your Adobe account to authorise your computer when you installed Adobe DE ?
If so unplug your reader from the computer.
Close and reopen Adobe DE and then plug in the reader. It should pop up a dialog saying "This device needs to be authorised" etc. Click on Authorise button and its done.
I think some people have said that they needed to install the Sony Library software even if they aren't going to use it. If you are not going to use Sony Library to download purchased ebooks make sure to untick the associate 'Acsm' files option during install(I think it called that) otherwise Sony Library will download ebooks instead of Adobe DE.
Try those things out.
Thanks for the help. I tried uninstalling and re installing, unpluging and everything else. No matter what I do it won't show up to be authorized.
Although I did find out I can download library books directly to the sony reader software. Which isn't so bad I can just use that to manage library books and use calibre to manage all my old purchased epubs. It's ashame I can't use calibre to hand the libraries .acsm files.
domromer is offline   Reply With Quote