View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Mystery Thriller Suspense

Chinatown Beat, 1st in SoHo Crime Series by Henry Chang

Sandman Slim with Bonus Content, 1st in series by Richard Kadrey. Apparently this needs to be warned for violence and language. Also at Kobo and Sony (US-only there).

Hunt at the Well of Eternity, 1st in Hunt series by Gabriel Hunt.

Ian Rutledge: Mysterious Profile #24, behind-the-scenes promo packet for series by Charles Todd, pseudonym of a mother/son writing team. Also at Sony (US-only).

The 7th Victim, 1st in FBI thriller series by Alan Jacobson. Optioned for a Hollywood film. Also at Kobo.

Billy Boyle, WWII mystery, 1st in series by James R. Benn. 2nd book in series is only $3.44. I've read partway through this and I have to say that the Norwegian is less crap than I was expecting, given how authors tend to love to show their profound ignorance of actual non-English languages by seeming to choose random words out of a phrasebook/dictionary.

Hour of the Hunter: Free with Bonus Material, thriller by J. A. Jance who apparently went above and beyond to get the horrible typos in the first version fixed. Part of Brandon Walker series.

The Glades, by Clifton Campbell. Screenplay for the A&E television series.

Romance/Erotica

Outlander, historical time-travel romance, 1st in a very long series by Diana Gabaldon. Also at Kobo and Sony, both US-only so I can't dig up the Kobo link due to the particular way that Kobo geo-locates.

Enchanting the Lady, historical paranormal romance, 1st in Merlin's Relics series by Kathryne Kennedy.

An Unwanted Hunger, paranormal erotic romance, 1st in Soul of V'Kar series by Ciana Stone. Also at Sony and direct from the publisher, Ellora's Cave.

The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant, a "Tickle Me Fantasy" paranormal probably erotic romance by Vivi Andrews.

The Wicked House of Rohan, prequel novella to historical erotic romance series by Anne Stuart. Also at Sony and direct from the publisher, Harlequin.

Colters' Wife, familial ménage erotic romance novella in Colters' series by Maya Banks. Also at Kobo.

Seducing Jane Porter, 1st in BDSM erotic romance series by Dominique Adair.

I Thought it Was You, paranormal erotic romance novella, labelled #2.5 in Grimm's Circle series by Shiloh Walker.

Short Stories

Stuck On You, excerpted from the collection And Thereby Hangs a Tale by Jeffrey Archer. I've forgotten which one exactly. Literary fiction. Also at Sony, US-only I think it was.

Outta the Bag, a free prequel story to Me, Myself, and Why, which seems to be a paranormal chick-lit comedy by MaryJanice Davidson. Also at Sony (US-only).

Chapter 15.5: Intersections and Interlopers
, by Ken Scholes and Lisa Desrochers. Crossover fantasy. Also at Sony and Kobo like the rest of the Tor.com shorts below, you can search for them yourselves. Sony versions are US-only, though, but Kobo available elsewhere. Can also download DRM-free in multiple formats straight from the Tor.com website, which I personally encourage.

Overtime, part of Laundry Files series. Hugo-nominated paranormal agency story by Charles Stross. Very funny, especially if you like Lovecraft.

First Flight, Nebula-nominated sf/fantasy story by Mary Robinette Kowal.

A Memory of Wind, Iliad-based fantasy, and Eros, Philia, Agape, science-fiction romance, both by Rachel Swirsky, both Hugo and/or Nebula nominated.

Non-Fiction

Lonely Planet 5 of USA's Best Trips: Our Favorite Themed Itineraries Across America , 5 full trips excerpted from longer book as a sampler by Lonely Planet.

Emotions, essay or presentation excerpted from longer book as a sampler by OSHO.

Shakespeare in an Hour, part of In an Hour series of Cliff Notes-like quickie overviews of stuff.

That's probably about it, aside from the permafreebie bunch of Harlequin romances, Star Wars novellas, MobileReference non-fic, and Smashwords self-published stuff occupying the official B&N Free eBooks page, which I link here in the hopes that increased traffic will make them update it more often and relevantly, which is probably a vain and empty hope.

Last edited by ATDrake; 10-23-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Remove expired, add Sony and Kobo links where relevant.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote