View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumhead View Post
I understand that I need to open the drive on my computer and access the files I am opening the drive marked as kindle going to the folder called documents opening it ( I can see othe kindle books already in there. I am then drag ing the purchased book into the folder and it shows as being there on the computer drive but not when I eject the kindle and go to home page. The new book is not there....I thought it was strange that the book is showing as B00036ebook.....but when I use the wifi/3g its fine .....
I edited my original post because others had already checked with you about the download location before I submitted my post. I also added a possible reason why you have to sync via wifi before the eBook transferred from your PC shows up on the Kindle- perhaps Amazon considers the Kindle4PC as a second device (you are reading the book on your PC) so wants you to sync your purchases with the actual Kindle eReader. Just a guess!

Holly

Edit:
@ gumhead: Once again I have taken too long with my answer!! I think Tierstan's post points to your problem and what you need to do to have the books show on your Kindle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
You can't drag and drop files from the Kindle store between Kindle devices. They're locked to that specific device even if you've got the same account on all of them. You have to redownload it via archived items, get it sent to that device using the Manage my Kindle page or download it via Manage my Kindle for that specific device and transfer via USB.

Last edited by OakIris; 10-18-2010 at 02:25 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote