View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
How would you change the Kindle 3?

OK, time for some free crowd sourced consultancy for Amazon, which I guess reads these forums - this is inspired by Engadget that runs features like this one from time to time.
I got rid of my Kindle DXG because of the lack of WiFi (I live outside of the US and the whispernet delivery was too expensive). I am the happy owner of a Kindle 3 wifi, which has great improvements (pdf, speed, browser) - but there's a bit of room for more on the hardware and software sides. Just to kick start the discussion:

HARDWARE:
-"Rocker": almost right this time - but get the center button a bit more elevated? People with chubby fingers probably press the whole thing when trying to press the center only.
-Position of the rocker: really, really Amazon - having the back button makes it very easy to press by mistake when trying "down".
-Can you guys please silkscreen the NUMBERS above the letters? Having to guess them is pretty annoying.

SOFTWARE:
-Can we make the documents folder shared on a network so I can drag and drop stuff there without going through USB or Amazon servers (@free.kindle.com)?
-More zoom options for PDF.
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote