View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I know this has been discussed here in the past, but I can't seem to find it... I have one book on my Pocket Pro that I put together in Sigil. It does open and I can jump around in it (go to different chapters), but it is so. slow. I mean like, leave it open and go brush my teeth and come back and it's finally ready slow. I got to wondering if maybe there are errors in the book that make it so slow to open? It is slow to open, slow to change chapters, slow to go to bookmarks.... so is there an easy way I can check the book for errors? It's an epub, somewhere between 1 and 2 MB in size. Is there any other information I should give to help you answer the question? Also, it seems slower with the LBook firmware than with Astak firmware. But this is the only book I have trouble with. Everything else works peachy.

Thanks!
Have you tried epubcheck http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/

be aware that there are a few false alarms reported.. Calibe has a command line tool that that make a perfectly legal (rule wise) conform to epubcheck's (over-)expectations.
Other things you might consider: avoid those monster sized "splits" inside a epub when practical (yes, you can have a 260K split, but a 60K one loads faster in ADE. I hear coolreader wants to load all of the book at once.)

Power cycle yor PEz when it starts to slow after many books (or a corrupt one), I found mine, got it's speed back
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote